I wanted to share a recent find with you. At Macworld Expo I had the chance to speak with Boinx Software. They make several great apps for Mac and iOS devices.
They had just released their iStopMotion app for iPad… and it has a bunch of time-lapse features. The app ended up winning Macworld Best of Show award, so I thought I’d give it a whirl. The app is currently 50% off and selling for $4.99.
Let’s start with a sample of what can be done:
- Time Lapse – Record automatically or at an interval.
- Manual Controls – Control camera exposure and focus.
- Instant Playback – Tap a button to see it playback instantly.
- Remote Camera – Use the free iStopMotion Remote Camera app with an iPhone 4/4S, iPod touch (4th gen) or a second iPad 2. Connect via WiFi to each other.
- Share – Publish via email or on YouTube. You can also export your movies to a Mac or PC for further editing or archiving.
- iPad 2 or later (any model)
- iOS 5.0 or later
- iStopMotion Back Camera: 1280×720
- iStopMotion Remote Camera: 1280×720
- Format PNG uncompressed 1280 x 720 pixels
- Frame Rate: 1 – 30 fps in 1 frame steps (default 12 fps)
- Export Video Format Video: H.264.
- Resolutions: Small (426×240), Medium (640×360), Large (854×480), HD/Full Size (1280×720)
I’m taking this app with me on the road and will post some test shots this week. I highly encourage you to check it out though. It’s a fun app.